Monday, March 2, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #53 Finding Books Online

1. The three closest booksellers to my branch are a Christian bookstore called Heaven's Way, another local bookstore called The Book Attic, There is also a Half Price Books and Barnes and Noble fairly close by. All of these stores have websites, and I was surprised to see that you could make purchases online at most of them.

2. I searched for All the Lovely Bad Ones: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn. I found it at Barnes and Noble for $11.20. I also searched Bartleby.com and the HCPL Digital Media Catalog, but I could not find it in an eBook format.

3. I have previously downloaded eBooks and I do not care for them. I much prefer a print copy of a book. I do think eBooks are advantageous for people who do a lot of traveling, because they can either listen to an audio book or read a book on their laptop rather than having to carry several books with them.

No comments: