Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 7 #17 - Technology

It's hard to explain how I feel about all of the technological advances that have occured in the past 25 years.
Computers have always been a part of my life. I love that computers and the internet allow us to have an abundance of information literally at our fingertips, and email and instant messaging keep us in better contact with our families and friends. The downside to this, of course, is internet safety. Just how much of our personal information is accesible to others? What happens if it gets into the wrong hands?
I think computers, cell phones, and the like have become modern necessities. As much as I enjoy having them, I have to wonder...what would I be doing if I wasn't sitting in front of the computer all day? Without my cell phone, how would I keep in touch with anyone when I'm away from home? I'm too young to remember what life was like without these things. In today's world, being tech-savvy has its advantages, but sometimes I'd like to go back to a simpler time.

No comments: